miércoles, 23 de julio de 2008

Remembering




Just this Monday, I receive what's to be my "new" book for our new First Semester concept: 'La Cuisine de Reference', now in Spanish. As I started browsing the book, I came upon a foreword from one of my former teachers in France: Chef Franck Petagna.

Meilleur Ouvrier de France since 2000, Chef Petagna worked in the Hotel Martinez, in Cannes, the Hotel du Palais in Biarritz. In 2001 Chef Petagna joined the staff of the Institut Paul Bocuse, and was later appointed Coordinator of Culinary Programs.

About a year ago, I received an e-mail informing me of the passing of Chef Franck Petagna. It was shocking to receive such news as he seemed in such good health. I was wrong, Chef Petagna had lost his battle against Leukemia.

Wherever you are Chef: Thanks.


Photo Credit: Thuries Magazine

0 comentarios: